Walking: There are numerous local walking tracks, take a look at the walking books in the lounge for reference. Summer months can be too hot for long walks. There are many beautiful sights to be seen just walking around the village of Jubrique.
- Rio Lavar, a short walk from the village centre, down to a natural spring (ask the villagers for directions)
- Genal River Walk - from the Venta San Juan carpark. Head uphill from the back of the carpark. A walk for a hot day, winds along the Genal river in the shade of the trees and vegetation of the river, with plenty of places to take a dip on the way.
Directly across the road from the house is the wonderfully located Jubrique swimming pool!
Open from Mid-June to Mid-September it shares the spectacular village views overlooking the lush green valleys and hills of Jubrique and beyond. Closed on Mondays.
Other swimming trips:
- Charca Azul: Paradise! Swim or take a picnic to this natural spring-fed mountain pool, only a 20 min drive from Jubrique (ask the villagers for directions)
- Charca Estaban: A secluded pool in the Genal River
- The Genal River at Venta San Juan: (4kms from Jubrique) There are 3 great swimming areas, (1) the pool by the bridge, (2) cross the road and follow the river upstream to a river beach and a lovely pool (3) walk over the hill from the beach and you come to a long canyon, shallow in places where you can wade and swim until a shallow waterfall (more paradise).
- The Beach: Within 45 mins you can be on the Costal del Sol and it's many beaches, or if you would like a days excursion, the Costa del Luz is only a 90 min drive away
There are many wonderful excursions to be made -
- Ronda is a must for every visitor (see the tourist guide reference books)
- Genalgaucil, visit this quaint neighbouring village and all it's artwork
- Alcornacales Natural park (the largest cork oak forest on the Iberian Peninsular)
- The Costa del Sol (Estepona, Marbella, Puerto Banus are just a few of the many coastal towns worth a day trip)
- Granada and Cordoba are not that far away, catch the train from either Ronda or "Estación de Cortes"
- Jerez de la Frontera